Our History

A small group of individuals began meeting in 1956 with the intent of starting a new Presbyterian Church associated with the PCUSA. In 1956 they organized as  the Faith Presbyterian Church, renamed in 1958 as The Hillcrest Presbyterian Church.  In 1959 a property was purchased and a new pastor was called.  The Reverend John R. Tranbarger served this congregation until his retirement in 1994.  A new pastor was installed in 1997 in the person of Reverend Kent Hollingsworth who served this congregation until 2014 when he accepted a position in North Carolina as a transitional pastor.  The congregation is currently searching for a new installed pastor while under the leadership of interim pastor the Reverend Teri Summers-Minette.

The property has seen several additions and changes, most recently in 2008 when most of the rooms were remodeled and reconfigured, and a 50′ addition provided more classrooms and a new kitchen and fellowship center.  We are blessed with a large lot and a great facility to worship in and to operate from.